Friday, March 25, 2011

Malan Han Noodle

Malan Han Noodle
2020 S Hacienda Blvd
Hacienda Heights
626-369-5602

When I heard that Malan Han Noodle, made their noodles fresh, I knew I wanted to give them a try. The beef noodle soup is the main thing, but I'm not really a soup person. So I tried the chow mein. They ask you what type of noodles do you want; flat or round and what size, small to large.

They make the noodles right behind the counter and then cook it up, then either add soup or make the chow mein.



I got the shrimp chow mein, $7.95. It was filled celery, cabbage, green onions, ginger, and shrimp. The shrimp is well cooked, tender and flavorful. I noodles are cooked perfectly and you can tell it is fresh. But, the dish itself, is bland, they need to add more salt and seasoning.

Service is very good. The lady is nice and friendly. It's a cash only operation.

I liked Malan Han Noodle, but I didn't love it. I loved the fresh noodles, but the chow mein was too bland. I may go back and try the soup, but the chow mein needs more seasoning.