Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chez Melange/Bouzy-Closed

Chez Melange/Bouzy 1611 S Catalina Ave Redondo Beach 310-540-1222 Chez Melange is the name of the restaurant and Bouzy is the name of the gastropub, that is in one building. This review is only for Bouzy, the gastropub. Yes, it is a weird setup, but of well. The interesting thing, as you can see, is that there is no sign for Bouzy, just Chez Melange. A good friend told me about Bouzy and we finally got a chance to try Bouzy. Now, she was telling me about the Pancho burger-bacon, avocado, chile relleno, and Frank's hot sauce vinaigrette. But, I'm not a fan of chile relleno, so I didn't order it. My friend did and the smell of Frank's hot sauce was a bit overwhelming. I'm glad I didn't order it. I did get the Bouzy burger, $8.90, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheddar, and mayo. I asked for and get a burger cooked medium rare. The meat was only OK, it lack a bit of seasoning. The toppings were fresh. This burger was ok, but nothing outstanding. This tasted more like a burger you got a chain restaurant, than a burger from a gastropub. Service was a bit lacking. The server greeted us about five minutes after we were seated by the hostess. That's not too long of a wait, but he must have passed us ten times during that time. He should have at least acknowledge we were at the table. Then after taking and bringing our drink orders, he forgets my ice water, he doesn't come back to the table for at least ten minutes. He knew we were going to order food. We got menus from the hostess. He was slow at refilling drinks, taking empty drinks and plates away from the table. He was nice, but needs to get better at being a server. I wouldn't go back to Bouzy, again. I wasn't really impressed with the burger, again it was just average, and the service was a bit lacking.