Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pita Pockets

Pita Pockets
9127 Reseda Blvd
Northridge
818-709-4444

I've had kebobs sandwiches before, where the "bread" is a just a plain pita bread. But, I heard about the laffa at Pita Pockets, that are freshly made and I wanted to give them a try.




Lemon chicken laffa, $7.75, lettuce, onions, garlic sauce, and onions. The laffa is basically a thicker pita bread. There is a difference in texture than pita bread; softer and lighter than pita bread, though a bit more chewy. The laffa are freshly made and come out warm.

The lettuce, onions and tomatoes were very fresh. The garlic sauce was mild, you know it's there but it doesn't overwhelm you.

The difference between a lemon chicken and regular chicken kebob, is that they put a lemon sauce on the chicken. The chicken itself was a bit dry and tough. The portion size, could have been a bit larger too. The lemon sauce is good, with a nice tangy flavor but nothing overpowering.

The laffa may look big, but there isn't a lot of chicken inside. I don't think it's worth the $7.75 price.

Service is good. Nice, friendly people taking the orders and making the laffa.

If I'm in the area, I may go back to Pita Pockets, but I wouldn't rush back. Overall the laffa is pretty good, but not a good value.