Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Capri Deli & Kitchen


Capri Deli & Kitchen
713 E San Bernardino Rd
Covina
626-331-0233

As you can tell by the picture, Capri has been around since 1954. I've been craving a good sandwich and I decided to go to Capri.




I got a large (12") cold cut combo sandwich, $7.39, ham, mortadella, salami, coppocollo, prosciuttini, and provolone cheese. Yes, that's right five meats and cheese on a sandwich. The sandwiches come with lettuce, tomato and oil, but I had them replace the oil, with mayo. This was a great sandwich with tons of good quality cold cuts and fresh lettuce and tomatoes. The bread is an Italian roll, that was soft and chewy, with good texture.

The only thing I found interesting is, the way they put the sandwich into two different bags. I thought they would wrap the entire sandwich in butcher paper, but it was split in half and put into two different bags.

But, that wasn't that big of a deal, the sandwich was great.



I wanted a hot sandwich, so I ordered the chicken parmesan sandwich, $6.45, breaded chicken patty, marinara sauce, and provolone cheese. I wasn't impressed with this at all. The chicken was tough, chewy and seemed as they had been in the oven for too long. There wasn't a lot of marinara sauce on the sandwich, but they give you a portion, on the side. The marinara sauce was ok, though a bit bland.

Service was OK. The line during lunch is long, but moves quickly. They have a lot of people making sandwiches. The young girl, who made my sandwich is ok, not overly friendly, just kinda of going through the motions. She wasn't bad, but she wasn't great, either.

I would go back to Capri again, but I wouldn't order the chicken parmesan sandwich again.