Monday, December 06, 2010

Rose City Pizza

Rose City Pizza
3588 Rosemead Blvd
Rosemead
626-280-8885

I was very surprised when I heard about Rose City Pizza in Rosemead. But, I figured I would try it and see how it measures up.

Rose City is a NY style pizza place. Now, most places will say they are NY style but they really have no idea what NY style pizza, really is. Rose City does a very good job of NY style pizza.



While they did sell slices, I wanted to get a fresh made pie. So, I got a medium, one topping- half sausage and half cheese, which is currently on special for $9.99. The special runs Mon-Thrs- from 3pm-9pm.

I was surprised at how good this pizza was. First, they carefully weighed all the ingredients-lots of cheese, good amount of sausage, which is mild in flavor, and a good sauce. The crust was a bit thicker than most NY style pizza, but very solid and just a bit crispy, which I like.

Service started off bad but was good, overall. When I walked in, I wasn't greeted. Why is it so hard for restaurants, who are in customer service, to greet people? But they were friendly and helpful. I made a mistake in ordering; I asked for half pepperoni, instead of half sausage. I made the change before I even paid. But, the guy misunderstood what I asked for and he put half pepperoni and sausage and half pepperoni. I saw the pizza right before it was going in the oven and asked, I wanted half cheese and half sausage. He was nice and got rid of the pepperoni. He was very nice about it.

I really enjoyed Rose City pizza. The crust, the cheese and the toppings all work very well together. This is a hidden gem!!