Sunday, November 21, 2010

P.H.A.T. Pizza-Closed

P.H.A.T. Pizza
18340 Yorba Linda Blvd
Ste 104
Yorba Linda
714-985-1515

When I found out that a Chicago style stuffed/deep dish pizza place had opened up within five miles of Tony's Little Italy, I had to try it. Tony's is my favorite Chicago style deep dish pizza in Orange County.

P.H.A.T. Pizza is so new, they haven't had the time to put up a new sign. There is still the signage from the old pizza restaurant, they replaced.




I got a medium stuffed, with sausage and half pepperoni, $20.93. When I read that other food review site, I can't believe some reviewers are that stupid. Chicago stuffed/deep dish pizza takes 30 minutes or more to bake. The fact they complain about this, shows how stupid some people can be.

Anyways, the pizza arrives and the first thing I noticed, was the watery, runny pizza. This shows to me, they use frozen items and/or they do not allow the sauce to reduce down. The sauce is a sweet, light tasting sauce. There is a lot of fennel seed in this pizza and not just from the sausage.

The amount of pepperoni and sausage, wasn't good at all. Most bites were cheese, sauce and crust.

The crust wasn't that good either. First, no cornmeal was used. Then, it was almost like a cracker crust, which you can see in the picture below. A Chicago stuffed pizza should be firm, solid, not cracker thin.



Service was good. The guy who took my order, who I think is the owner, was nice and friendly.

P.H.A.T Pizza is a Chicago stuffed/deep dish pizza place, but they do not do a good job of it. With Tony's so close, there is no need to come back.