Friday, November 19, 2010

Luscious Dumplings-Closed

Luscious Dumplings 704 W Las Tunas Dr Ste 4 San Gabriel 626-282-8695 I love dumplings and have been to many dumpling restaurants, in my search for good dumplings. I went to Luscious Dumplings, based on some reviews, but sadly it was a waste of time and money. Chive, pork, egg, and shrimp $6.50, ten dumplings that are boiled. This dumpling barely had any pork, egg, or shrimp. It was mostly chives and the little meat, in this dumpling, was bland and just plain bad. Some dumpling places do overload the dumplings with chives, maybe as a coverup for the lack of meat, and Luscious Dumplings is no exception. Cabbage, pork and shrimp, $6.50-ten dumplings, that are boiled. Another bad, bland, flavorless dumpling. Though they were more pork and shrimp, it just wasn't good. No taste, no flavor, just bad dumplings. Pork with soup, xio long bao, $6.50. The xio long bao is maybe the only saving thing about Luscious Dumplings. The xlb were pretty good, not great, certain not the best I've had. The soup had a good flavor and the pork took some of the flavor from the meat. Though, the skin was a bit thicker than I'm used to. Service was OK but the servers were below average. This is a small place and my table was right next to where the servers are standing. Well, I could hear their entire conversation; from the point spread, to a basketball game, going up, to the nice legs of a female customer. Memo to all servers, what you say in private is fine, but never say anything within earshot of customers. Very unprofessional. I didn't lack for anything, and the food came quickly; that's what I meant by service being ok. I would not go back to Luscious Dumplings again. The prices are high, especially for the bad quality of dumplings and service a complete waste of time and money.