Friday, September 17, 2010

China Bowl- Walnut-Closed

China Bowl 1223 Grand Ave. Walnut 909-595-1472 I know I have reviewed a ton of Chinese, fast food restaurants. They do serve a purpose and some can be good. But most are terrible. China Bowl in Walnut falls into the terrible category. I got the teriyaki chicken and beef with onions $5.48, with all chow mein. The chow mein was a greasy mess, mostly noodles with very little vegetables. The beef with onions was pretty good, nice flavor, moist, tender. But the teriyaki chicken, was bland, flavorless and unappealing. But the one thing I did notice was the small portions. The lady behind the steam table, put two pieces of broccoli underneath the teriyaki chicken, giving it the appearance of a larger portion. But the entire container was smaller than even Panda Express. Service was OK. I would not go back to China Bowl again.