Saturday, August 28, 2010

El Taco Rico

El Taco Rico
12017 Firestone Blvd
Norwalk
562-863-0974

I must have passed the city of Norwalk, hundreds of times but I never eaten at any restaurant in Norwalk. So I did some searching and found El Taco Rico. I wanted some good tacos and they had some good reviews.



I got the carnitas taco and carne asada taco, $1.37 each.

The carnitas taco, which is on the top of the picture, was very good. I like the flavor and the seasoning of the carnitas. The carnitas was all meat, very little fat or gristle. The red sauce and onions were fresh and tortilla were toasted served hot.

The carne asada taco was also very good. Again very little fat or gristle. Full of flavor. They put a lot of meat on the tacos and is well worth the $1.37 price.

Service was very good. The guy taking the order was nice and helpful. He answered all my questions. I did think it took a bit long for my order to come out, but it wasn't too long and something I can overlook.

I would go back to El Taco Rico, if I was in the area. I really wanted to try their barbacoa, but they were out of it. Maybe next time.