Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ambrose Pizzeria

Ambrose Pizzeria
12739 Valley View Ave
La Mirada
562-802-7545

That Girl Can Eat, used to be one of my favorite bloggers. But she went to the dark side, Yelp, and has never come back!! But I saw her review of Ambrose Pizza and since it fit into my new MO, of trying restaurants in new cites. So I can check La Mirada off my list.



I didn't really want an entire pizza, so I got a large pepperoni slice, $5.39. When the slice arrived, I was amazed at how big the slice was. The slice was about half a medium pizza. I'll admit, I used to be all about the portion size, when it came to food. The bigger the better.

But now, as my tastes has changed, I want good quality food, not just big portions. Ambrose Pizza is only about big portions. The crust was overwhelming thick and the bottom was like a cracker, way to cripsy. I want a soft chewy crust, not a thick crunchy crust.

The sauce had a lot of oregano, which I don't like. I don't like that tangy, bitter taste of too much oregano. I did like the large amount of cheese on the slice, though toward the ends, there weren't that much. There was a good amount of pepperoni and it was just standard pepperoni, nothing special.

Service was bad and came with a MAJOR attitude. The girl was a snotty bitch with major attitude. She wasn't friendly or helpful at all. Asking her a question about lunch specials, and a major attitude came about.

The guy who delivered the pizza to my table, was nice but the girl who took my order needs a major attitude adjustment.

I would not go back to Ambrose Pizza again. Very average pizza and bad service is a bad combination.