Thursday, July 08, 2010

Golden Palace Mongolian BBQ



Golden Palace Mongolian BBQ
3681 E Colorado Blvd
Pasadena
626-796-1832

I like Mongolian BBQ because you can choose what meats, veggies and oils, you want in your dish. I haven't had Mongolian BBQ for a long time, so I decided to try Golden Palace Mongolian BBQ in Pasadena.

Golden Palace offers an all you can eat dinner, for $11.95, that includes soup, rice, and the pocket bread. The buffet had a large variety of meats; pork, chicken, beef, turkey, and lamb, which are all sliced thin and frozen, and veggies. All the veggies were nice and fresh. Everything on the buffet table was clean, always important in a buffet, and always stocked.



I combined beef and chicken with noodles, onions, celery, and carrots, with their hoi sin sauce. Remember to fill your bowl, it's best to grab two bowls, as much as possible, because everything shrinks down to half it's size.

But this was good. Again, all the veggies were fresh, the meats are sliced thin and frozen but they cook up quickly.



For my second dish, I only put veggies and meat and mix it with white rice. I used pork and turkey for the meats, carrots, onions and bean sprouts, garlic, and sesame oil. I liked this dish a lot too.

It's hard to review a Mongolian BBQ restaurant, because so much of it, is your personal choice. What I look for in a Mongolian BBQ restaurant, is a clean buffet table that is maintained throughout my entire time there, fresh and a good selections of veggies, good meats. I got that here at Golden Palace.

Service is very good. The owner was very nice and helpful. They did overcharge our table by a soda, which we brought to their attention, and they took it off their menu. Which is nice. I realize mistakes happen and it's how restaurants handle those mistakes, that shows a restaurant true colors.

I would go back to Golden Palace, if I was in the area.