Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mike's Sandwich Shop-Closed

Mike's Sandwich Shop
1717 S Soto St
Los Angeles, CA 90023
(323) 264-0444

I heard about Mike's Sandwich Shop and their famous hockey burger and decided to give them a try. Mike's is a diner style restaurant, in an industrial area off of Soto, not far from that old Sears building.

Not sure what the hockey connection is, but there were photos of movie stars including what looked like most of the cast of Dallas.





So I ordered the hockey burger, $3.85, cheeseburger, with mustard, lettuce, tomato, and a hot dog on top. The burger was a thin patty, pretty moist, the lettuce and tomato was fresh and the bun was nicely toasted. The hot dog has a spicy bite to it. An interesting combination but nothing special. I could get this type of burger from any local burger place.

Service was bad. I walked in, went up to the counter but was never greeted. The old hag taking my order was cold and unwelcoming. Can't you say Hi and greet your customers?

I wouldn't go back to Mike's Sandwich Shop. Rude service, average food. Why bother?