Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jin Jian

Jin Jian
301 W Valley Blvd
San Gabriel
626-308-9238

Just a few doors down from Mei Long Village, is Jin Jian; another contender in battle Xiao Long Bao (XLB). I reviewed Din Tai Fung and their Xiao Long Bao, didn't live up to the hype.




Xiao Long Bao (XLB) $5.50, a thicker skin but I thought this was very bland. The pork was OK but nothing great.





Xiao Long Bao with crab meat, $6.50. The first time I've ever had xiao long bao with crab meat. I would say the ratio was about 70% pork to 30% crab meat. Same bland soup and thick skin. What I didn't expect was biting down on pieces of crab shells. Of the eight pieces, there were crab shells in six of them.

Service is pretty good but they rush you.

Jin Jian had a B rating and I can see why. I asked for ice water and there was somethign in it. The xiao long bao with crab meat had crab shells in it. Not a good place.

I will not go back. Mei Long Village still has the best xio long bao.