Friday, February 12, 2010

Flossie's Southern Cuisine-Closed

Flossie's Southern Cuisine
3566 Redondo Beach Blvd
Torrance
310-352-4037

WOW the first restaurant in Torrance, that has been reviewed by The New Diner. I heard of Flossie's about five years ago. But since I'm rarely in the Torrance area, I didn't get a chance to try it. I decided to have dinner there tonight and now I'm hoping it won't be another five years before I go back to Flossie's.





I got the fried chicken dinner, $10.99 with double mac and cheese and mashed potatoes and gravy with a drink, sweet tea, ice tea, Kool Aid, or water. They give you a choice of white or dark meat. They lady said the wait for white meat would be about 15 minutes, which was no problem for me. My order comes out and after taking pictures, I dig into the fried chicken. The breast piece was hot, juicy and moist like crazy. The skin was so crunchy, with a lot of seasoning. The meat was cooked to perfection and so moist. Just a wonderful wonderful fried chicken.

The wing piece, though had been sitting under heat lamps for a while. It was good but nothing beats fried chicken right out of the fryer.



The double mac and cheese and mashed potatoes and gravy. The mac and cheese was creamy, cheesy and just great, cooked to perfection. One of the best mac and cheese, I've ever had.

The mashed potatoes were bland and lacked flavor. I'm leaning towards the mashed potatoes being made from a box but I'm not 100% sure. The next time I go to Flossie's I'm getting triple mac and cheese!!

Service is pretty good. Flossie's has a long row of steam tables and you tell them what you want. When I walked in and went to the counter, I wasn't greeted at all, like I was invisiable. I waited for about 3-4 minutes until the lady asked what I would like. It is not asking much to be greeted. A simple "Hi, we will be right with you." is fine.

Other than not being greeted, the service was good. The lady is very nice, she just has to greet people.

I would go back to Flossie's. I want to try their meatloaf, which looked so good.