Friday, November 20, 2009

Tomato Pie Pizza Joint





Tomato Pie Pizza Joint
2457 Hyperion Ave
Los Angeles
323-661-6474

I was in the Silverlake area for a wine tasting and thought about going back to Garage Pizza, but instead I decided to have a couple slices at Tomato Pie, since a friend raved about the pizza at Tomato Pie. . The location is really in the back part of the building. The front part is a beauty salon. Tomato Pie is mainly a take out place but there are some picnic tables outside.

I really didn't want a whole pie so I got a slice of cheese, $2.25, and a meat lover's slice, $3.00. The young lady said for 50 cents more I could get a soda, so for $5.75, two slices of pizza and a soda; not a bad deal.

The cheese slice wasn't good because there wasn't enough cheese on the slice. The crust, which was reheated, was crispy yet chewy on the inside. The cheese slice maybe good if they put more cheese on the slice and it was right out of the oven.

The meat lovers has pepperoni, American bacon, sausage, and ham. I only got maybe a piece or two of ham. But there were plenty of pepperoni, sausage and bacon. I was pretty impressed with this slice, not salty at all, flavorful, good quality toppings, though they could have put more ham on there, nice crust.

Service was very good. The young lady who took my order was nice, helpful, and friendly, even if she is a Mets fan. She did tell me they are going to expand into that beauty salon, soon.

For pizza in the Silverlake area, I still prefer Garage Pizza but I wouldn't have any issues going back to Tomato Pie, though I wouldn't have another slice of cheese pizza.