Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Dave and Buster's- Ontario




Dave and Busters
4821 Mills Circle
Ontario
909-987-1557

Now I'm not one to go to many chain restaurants. But I see the ads all the time for Dave and Buster's Eat and Play Combo, $15.99, where you get a meal and $10 game card. Now it if you're there to enjoy the arcade games, then it is a great deal. But if you don't care about the games, it can be a decent to bad deal.

I went there for lunch and got The Boss Chicken Club sandiwch, $9.29, which has seven layers of goodies. Grilled chicken breast, applewood smoked bacon, creamy garlic-herb cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado spread and frazzled onions, all stacked on a toasted whole wheat bun with secret sauce, with french fries on the side.

I was impressed with the sandwich but I didn't like the avocado spread, give me mayo or honey mustard. But overall a very good sandwich. The chicken breast was tender but a bit bland. The bacon was great, nice smokey flavor and crispy. The bun could have been toasted a bit more but it was fine.

My only issue with the sandwich was the onions, some were burnt or too well done. That meant a bitter flavor to the sandwich. Next time I will ask for mayo and no onions on the sandwich.

The fries were great. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and they were long cut.

Service was good. The server was hard working, friendly and helpful. The place wasn't too crowded but he came by his tables on a regular basis.

The Boss Chicken Club sandwich with the Eat and Play Combo would have been $15.99. $6 more than the sandwich alone. So the combo wasn't that great of a deal. Though there are other food options that would make this a very good deal. But I think the sandwich is worth the regular menu price.