Sunday, September 20, 2009

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles-Hollywood


Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles
1514 N. Gower St.
Hollywood
323-466-7453

I have already been to the Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles in Pasadena and didn't have a good experience. But I had the chance to go to the original Roscoe's in Hollywood. So I decided why not?

I got the breast and waffle, $8.50. The first thing I noticed was that the breast was just out of fryer, always a plus. The chicken was very good. The skin had nice seasonings, mostly pepper, and crunch. The inside was moist and tender. A good example of what fried chicken should be.

The waffles were also just out of the waffle maker. Light, fluffy, and crispy at the end. I really liked it.

Service was good. The server was attentive and nice.

I'm glad I went to the original Roscoe's because it was a much better experience than the Pasadena location. I wouldn't rush back but if I was in the area, I would have no problem going back.