Friday, July 03, 2009

Aladdin Jr-Closed



Aladdin Jr
296 W 2nd St
Pomona
909-623-4333

Aladdin Jr. has opened a second location in Pomona, in the Antique District. The only other Middle Eastern restaurant in the area is Grapevine.

I went for lunch and ordered the beef shish kebob, $9.99. The manager was really trying to push their lunch buffet, $9.99, if you ordered a drink. But I'm not a fan of the kafta kebobs, which is a ground beef, kebobs and I wanted to try their shish kebob. For about $10, there were a lot of meat. I was impressed with the shish kebob, cooked about medium rare, fairly tender filet mignon, with some good seasoning and flavor.

The rice was nicely seasoned and fluffy. I didn't like the salad because they had balsamic vinegar as a dressing and I hate balsamic vinegar.

Service was pretty good. Nothing outstanding and nothing bad.

I came away impressed with Aladdin Jr. but I wasn't overwhelmed, like this is the best Middle Eastern restaurant I have been to. But it is the best Middle Eastern Restaurant in the area but that is like being the tallest midget.