Sunday, May 24, 2009

Two Boots-Closed




Two Boots
1818 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles
213-413-2668

The second stop of our Pizza Crawl was Two Boots. The first stop was Pizza Buona.  Two Boots is a New York chain, that has NY style pizza with Cajun toppings. Yes, kind of a weird combination but one that works well.

I got a slice of the The Dude, a Cajun bacon cheeseburger pizza, $3.75. Tasso, ground beef, cheddar and mazzarella cheese. I didn't know what tasso was until I had this slice of pizza. Tasso is a cajun ham that has a ton of flavor. I really liked this pizza. All the flavors worked great together. A good thin crust that held up all the toppings. Wonderful combination of flavors.

I then got a slice of pepperoni, $3.75. Again a nice, firm thin crust that held the toppings. A nice spicy pepperoni and lots of gooey cheese.

The slices were huge, which is always a good thing.

Service was great. They did well serving 30 people from the Pizza Crawl. They were baking fresh pies and putting them out in the case as quickly as possible. They also answered questions, I'm sure many of the same question, in a very nice friendly manner.

I would go back to Two Boots anytime. It was wonderful!!