Sunday, March 08, 2009

Bigmista BBQ at Atwater Village Farmer's Market


Bigmista BBQ at Atwater Village Farmer's Market
3250 Glendale Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90039
562-423-4BIG

Bigmista BBQ is a catering company that sets up at local Farmer's Markets in the LA area. He is in Torrance on Tuesday, Lawndale on Wednesday, El Segundo on Thursday, and Watts on Saturdays.

I got the half rack of ribs, $10. The ribs are well smoked, tender, and has a very spicy rub, which I think is a good thing. But I thought the ribs were a big fatty and I wasn't that impressed with them. They aren't the best ribs I've had, all readers of The New Diner know, I've had the best ribs at Phillips BBQ. They were average. I do know that Bigmista is known for his brisket. His brisket wins many BBQ competitions. Of course I am not a brisket fan. They also serve tri tip and pulled pork at Atwater Village. At other locations they serve chicken.

Nice friendly service and you won't miss Bigmista.

I may go to Bigmista again for their brisket, I wouldn't go for their ribs.