Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rib Ranch Barbeque



Rib Ranch Barbeque
4923 Topanga Canyon Blvd
Woodland Hills
818-884-7776

Rib Ranch Barbeque, location Woodland Hills. Suburbia. The San Fernando Valley. Just from that, readers of The New Diner can tell how I feel about Rib Ranch Barbeque.

I got the Easter baby back pork ribs, $11.45. I saw the large grills they use and it is a grill. The charcoal is placed right under the meat, direct heat, just like people do with their Weber during the summer. So these ribs were not smoked, no smoke flavor. They were also very dry, as if they had been sitting in warmers for too long. The baby backs were pretty lean and the meat was OK. The BBQ sauce is basically spiced up ketchup. I was not impressed.

Service is pretty good. We sat outside and the servers were nice and always came around to refill drinks.

I would not go back to Rib Ranch again. I was not impressed at all with the ribs and I would not go back to Rib Ranch again.