Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fosselman's Ice Cream Co



Fosselman's Ice Cream Co
1824 W Main St
Alhambra
626-282-6533

High expectations and low results. This is how I would describe Fosselman's Ice Cream. I have heard so much about Fosselman's but I've have never gone. So I finally decide to give them a try.

I got a single scoop of rocky road, $2..50. The ice cream itself was very smooth, much smoother than Dreyer's or Ben N Jerry's. But rocky road means marshmellows and almonds. Fosselman's rocky road has walnuts and no marshmellows. Not good and some of the walnuts tasted stale. Not a good example.

Service was pretty good. They were very crowded when I was there. They give free samples too. I tried the blueberry but wasn't impressed.

I would not make an extra trip for Fosselman's. Give me a scoop of Thrifty's ice cream anyday over Fosselman's.