Monday, February 16, 2009

Home-Closed



Home Restaurant
2500 Riverside Dr
Los Angeles
323-665-0211

Home, What an interesting name for a restaurant. Located just down the hill from the DUMP, Dodger Stadium, Home has a huge menu, a full bar and serves breakfast the whole day.

I ordered the All American breakfast, $7.95, two pancakes, two pieces of bacon, and two eggs, I asked for over medium. The bacon was very good. Lots of smokey flavor, not too much fat, the right mixture of crispy and chewy. The pancakes were light, fluffy and good size. I asked for over medium and I got over easy eggs. I hate over easy eggs because I hate runny yolk. over medium means the yolk is almost fulled cooked. It sure as hell isn't runny.

Service for our group of about 20 people was good. We didn't lack for anything and we got our food quickly.

I would go back to Home, but I would either not order eggs over medium or ask for eggs over hard, maybe that way they will cook the yolk. But I found the food to good and fresh and worth the price.