Sunday, February 08, 2009

Fiesta Mexicana




Fiesta Mexicana
1105 W Whittier Blvd
Montebello
323-728-3097

Fiesta Mexicana is known for their mariachi bands. But be warned, they charge you for the band.

The first time I went to Fiesta Mexicana, they had an overpriced Sunday brunch, $13.99 because of the mariachi band. The same brunch is served Mon-Fri for $7.99. The brunch has regular Americanized Mexican food.

I went back and ordered off the menu, got the De Pollo Asadas, $15.95, chicken breast steaks with beans and rice. The chicken breast was great. Lots of flavor, well balanced seasoning, nothing overpowered anything else. The chicken was tender and juicy. It was a big portion but pretty thin. A very good dish.

The refried beans were salty and just bad. The rice was pretty good.

Service was very good. The first server was nice and helpful but he didn't understand much English, so he got somebody else who understand English. I wanted to know how they cooked the chicken. The second guy was very nice and helpful. I even asked him how to say 'How is that cooked?" in Spanish.

While I think the chicken dish was good, I think prices here are a bit high. They could reduce the price by $2-$3 and it would be much better. I wouldn't go out of my way to come back, but I wouldn't be against coming back here. Though I would not go for their Sunday Brunch.