Friday, January 02, 2009

Gram's Mission Barbeque Palace



Gram's Mission Barbeque Palace
3527 Main St
Riverside
951-782-8219

In keeping with the dining in the Inland Empire theme, I went on a BBQ taste test in Riverside. I found Gram's Mission Barbeque Palace through Yelp and decided to give it a try.

I went got the daily special rib, $5.99 with mac and cheese and a soda. I got two ribs and a couple rib tips. The ribs were just ok. Not much smoke flavor though. The BBQ sauce had a weird sour taste to it. The ribs were a bit small. The rib tips were fatty and not bad. Not sure why they would ruin ribs with those rib tips.

The mac and cheese had too much pepper on them. They did have a nice coating of cheese.

Service is OK. The owner is pretty nice but just very slow to take my order.

I wouldn't come back here again, even if I was in the area. Head over to
Smokey Canyon BBQ, it's much better.