Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thai Diamond Bar BQ-Closed





Thai Diamond Bar BQ
23415 Golden Springs Dr
Diamond Bar
909-860-4921

Thai Diamond Bar BQ has been open since the mid 1980's. They have been there almost as long as Mandarin Taste, a Chinese restaurant in the same complex.

I got the Hot and Sour Shrimp soup, $8.75, Chicken sate, $8.25, and scallops with wine sauce, $9.50.

The Hot and Sour Shrimp soup wasn't as spicy as other's I have had. But it was nice and hot, a perfect dish on a cold night. The shrimp was a bit overcooked and chewy. But overall a good example of hot and sour shrimp soup.

The chicken sate was just OK. A bit rubbery but when dipped in the peanut sauce it was fine. But I thought even though you get eight pieces, it was a bit overpriced.

I did really like the scallops with wine sauce. The scallops are battered and deep fried, then topped with a red wine sauce. The batter was great, I would love this on fish and chips. With the scallops it worked out well. The scallops was nice and fresh and tasty. The red wine sauce was a good topping. Light and sweet but not overpowering. A good dish though a bit pricey for what you get.

Service was good. I was the only on in the restaurant, this is more of a lunch crowd, but the server was nice and attentive.

I would go back to Thai Diamond Bar BQ. I would try some of their other dishes but happy with the scallops and hot and sour shrimp soup that I ordered.