Saturday, December 27, 2008

Papoo's Hot Dog Show-Closed



Papoo's Hot Dog Show
4300 W Riverside Dr
Burbank
818-846-1511

Papoo's Hot Dog Show is across the street from Bob's Big Boy. Both have been in Burbank since 1949. Once I saw the hot dog I wanted to give them a try.

I ordered the Dressed Dog, $3.25, a Hoffy hot dog with natural casing, mustard, onions, and relish. I asked for no relish. The hot dog was very good. A good snap and flavor. But they said the hot dog is charbroiled. Well this hot dog was barely grilled. I saw some burnt marks but it wasn't close to being charbroiled. It doesn't really make a difference to me, whether or not it's charbroiled or steamed but if you say it's charbroiled, charbroil the damn thing.

Service was TERRIBLE. I walked in and the two worthless servers saw me but didn't greet me. Nice. I took a seat, again both servers walked by, saw me but didn't say anything. Finally one of them, asks what would I like. No, hi how are you? Or what would I like to drink. I order the hot dog, she walks away and then asks what did you say you wanted to drink? Hello, stupid, you didn't ask what I wanted to drink. I told her I just want water. When I get my bill, she slams the bill down on the counter. Nice.

I would not go back here again. TERRIBLE service and while the hot dogs were good, they are overpriced.