Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So Kong Dong



So Kong Dong
2716 W Olympic Blvd Ste 104
Los Angeles
213-380-3737

So Kong Dong is known for their tofu. Now I like tofu but I rarely order it. But the Korean style of tofu isn't my style and I decided to try something else.

So I got the beef bulgogy, $12.99. This dish was filled with mushrooms and onions and was so flavorful. Much more flavorful than the Korean BBQ. The beef was OK. There were some fatty pieces and most pieces were fairly tender.

Service was OK. They do not speak much English so it's almost like point and ask. They were slow in being our table the sides, which I never eat, and taking our order. Oh instead of water they give you ice tea though they must use one part tea is 20 parts water, one of the most diluted teas I've ever had.

My issue with Korean food is that it is expensive!!! $12.99 for the bulgogy? Not that good of a value when you consider an all you can eat Korean BBQ place may charge $18.

Overall it was a nice experience to come to So Kong Dong but I don't think I would go back.