Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dickey's Barbecue Pit-Closed




Dickey's Barbecue Pit
15435 Jeffrey Rd
Irvine, CA
949-679-0050

Dickey's Barbecue Pit is a Texas BBQ chain. I believe this Irvine location is their first in CA.

Texas BBQ means brisket smoked over mesquite wood. But as readers of The New Diner know I love ribs, so I got the rib plate, $14.99, with double mac and cheese.

They are called sweet pork ribs. They are St. Louis style and pretty flavorful and tender. But I'm not sure if they truly smoke the ribs. There was some smoke taste but nothing great. The BBQ sauce had a nice kick to it though. I also thought the portions were small for the price.

The mac and cheese seemed like it came from a box. I'm betting Velveeta shells and cheese. Why would I go out for something I can make at home?

Service was OK. The girl was kinda of unfriendly and not really that helpful. I asked how many ribs you got with the rib plate. It was like asking how old she was or how much she weighs.

I would not go back to Dickey's again. I think it's overpriced and the ribs are just OK. One thing I've learned is that there isn't good BBQ behind the Orange Curtain.