Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pacific Coast Hot Dogs



Pacific Coast Hotdogs
3438 E Chapman Ave
Orange
714-744-1415

There is a Pacific Coast Hotdogs in Huntington Beach, that I passed by a ton of times, though I've never stopped in. So when I found out that there is Pacific Coast Hotdog in Orange, I decided to finally give them a try.

I ordered the hot dog, $2.50 and the sauerkraut dog, $2.95. The hot dog comes with mustard, ketchup, relish and onions. Well no self respecting hot dog fan would eat a hot dog with ketchup on it. So I asked for no ketchup and no relish. This was an amazing hot dog. A great snap and wonderful flavor to this steamed hot dog. The bun was steamed and the onions were fresh. Well worth the price.

The sauerkraut dog also had that great snap and flavor. There was too much sauerkraut for my liking, so I took about 60% of it off. But the sauerkraut was nice and warm and fresh.

Service was very good. There was only one person working but he was working his tail off. There was a bit of a wait but not because he wasn't trying to get orders out. The amazing thing was he would wash his hands after handling money. So after each customer, he would wash his hands.

I would go back to Pacific Coast Hotdogs anytime. I may finally go try their Huntington Beach location.

Update Oct 31.




I went back to Pacific Coast Hot Dogs to try their chili dogs and fries. The chili dog, $2.75, came with mustard, onions and chili. It was the same hot dog, great snap and flavor but the chili was so bland, thin, and runny. It was so flavorless. I would stay away from the chili.

The fries, $1.86, was crispy and really good. A real treat. What a McDonald's fries hopes to be when they grow up.

I do like Pacific Coast Hot Dogs and would go back, but I would not order the chili. A simple hot dog with mustard and onions is the way to go. Also, I forgot to mention, the Orange location is cash only.