Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Z Pizza- Long Beach-Closed

Z Pizza 4612 E 2nd St Long Beach (562) 987-4500 A gourmet pizza place on 2nd Street in Long Beach, Z Pizza is a chain that needs works. I ordered two rustic pizzas, chicken sausage and arugala and the Mediterranean Pesto, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, eggplant, and kalamata olives, $16.15 for the pair. The rustic pizzas are oblong shaped, thin crust pizza. The chicken sausage and arugala was OK, the arugala wasn't bitter and didn't have an overwhelming flavor. The chicken sausage was pretty standard,nothing bad but also nothing good about it. The Mediterranean pizza left a bitter taste in my mouth. All those flavors do not work on a pizza. It's like a Chicago hot dog, too many toppings ruin the flavor. What's interesting is that Z Pizza's website doesn't like artichoke as an ingredient on the pizza. Either way I wouldn't order this again. I called in the order for pizza. The little service contact I had with them was OK. A guy who looked like the owner or manager was sitting on top of a counter/table and just chillin!!! Interesting first impression. They weren't the most friendly or welcoming but they weren't rude either. Just kinda going through the motions. I would not go back and order the rustic pizza from Z Pizza. The crust was good but most of their toppings don't work well together. I may try their traditional style pizza but I won't rush back.