Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Javier's-Irvine




Javier's
45 Fortune Dr.
Irvine
949-872-2101

I've heard so many things about Javier's at the Irvine Spectrum, I decided to try it. What I found was an overpriced, very Americanized, poor service Mexican restaurant.

I got the Chimichanga de maricos, $18, filled with Dungeness crab, shrimp, and cheese in a deep fried flour tortilla. Now this had a decent amount of crab and shrimp but it wasn't worth $18. I realize that crab and shrimp are expensive but the chimichanga could have been bigger. This was good but nothing outstanding.

I hate going to Irvine. It's filled with suburbans wannbe yuppies. I hate the fact everybody looks the same, dresses the same, and acts the same, like a jerkoff from OC. I went to the hostess to get a table, I happened to be with a white girl and she was right next to me. I asked for a table for two. She said "I can seat you right now." Cool I thought. Then she says "Is everybody in your party here, right now?" Hello stupid, she's standing right next to me. Then we sit in the patio but the server is terrible. It took forever to even get menus. Though she took our drink order quickly. She brings us our drinks but still no menus. We finally get the menu and we wait again for her to take our order. Our food comes fairly quickly but we don't get refills on water and drinks, she never bothered to ask how the food was. She even took a long time to get the check.

I would not go back to Javier's again. What a terrible experience with the service. Food is OK but nothing great and not worth the high prices.r