Saturday, March 22, 2008

Uoko







Uoko
17582 E. 17th St
Tustin
714-838-2300

I don't expect Tustin to have any good sushi restaurants. But much to my surprise, I found Uoko. A very good sushi place just east of the 55 freeway.

I got the yellowtail, $3.75, halibut, $3.75, and salmon sushi, $3.75. All the fish were fresh and flavorful. They use good quality fish here.

I got the crunchy roll, $8.50, shrimp tempura, special crab, veggies and a sweet eel sauce. This was very good, with a large shrimp tempura and fresh imitation crab and veggies.

The spider roll, $9.50, with softshell crab, special crab and veggies was awesome. The softshell crab was tasty and fresh. A wonderful combination of textures and flavors.

We sat at the sushi bar and service was very good. Nice friendly sushi chef and server.

I would go back to Uoko. Good quality sushi at good prices. A very nice combination.