Monday, February 11, 2008

Morton's



Morton's
1641 W. Sunflower Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92704
714-444-4834

Why would somebody go to Morton's and not order a steak? You maybe asking that. But I found that Morton's has a very good happy hour special. Mon-Fri from 9:30pm to 11pm they have a nice happy hour special. $5 prime cheeseburgers, $5 petite filet mignon sandwiches and $2.75 colossal shrimp.

I got the $5 sliders and six colossal shrimp, $16.50. The prime cheeseburgers with lettuce, tomato and purple onions, are among the best burgers I've had. They were decent sized for sliders but the meat was juicy, tender and full of flavor. A great burger and a steal at $5.

I love the colossal shrimp. They were so huge, I couldn't believe it. They were so fresh, they must have been in the ocean two hours before. Something I've learned about seafood, if you can smell it, it's not good. You couldn't smell anything on this shrimp. What a treat. I didn't like the very mild cocktail sauce. But oh well, what can you do?

Service is pretty good. I won't complain that I ordered the mini cheeseburgers ten minutes before the happy hour prices and they couldn't give me the price. But that's really my fault.

I would go back to Morton's for the happy hour. I don't think I would go to Morton's for steak. Why? I just don't feel any steakhouse is worth the price. I can go to a butcher get a prime cut of steak and put it on the grill myself for about 25% of the price. Why do I need to go to a steakhouse and pay the extra money? But Morton's happy hour is among the best deals around.