Monday, February 11, 2008

Arturo's Puffy Taco's




Arturo's Puffy Taco's
15693 Leffingwell Rd
Whittier
562-947-2250

A puffy taco? What exactly is that? It's basically a taco shell made of masa and deep fried until it is almost like a pastry shell.

I ordered the carne asada puffy taco, $2.10 and the puffy tostada, $2.00. The taco was great. The carne asada was nice and flavorful. They use a good quality meat. What made it great was the shell. It was light, airy and for lack of a better word, fluffy. It was much better than a soft or hard taco.

I didn't care for the puffy tostada. It was just beans, lettuce, and salsa. Not much flavor, I wouldn't order a burrito from here, the beans have no flavor. Even the puffy shell didn't go well on the regular tostado. Maybe next time I'll order the carne asada puffy tostada.

Service was very good. The guy behind the counter spoke English very well. He was helpful, friendly and nice.

I would go back to Arturo's for the tacos. I would like to try the chicken and carnitas puffy tacos and I would give the tostada, this time with carne asada another try.