Sunday, February 24, 2008

Golden Triangle





Golden Triangle
7011 Greenleaf Ave
Whittier
562-945-6778

Golden Triangle is suppose to be a Burmese restaurant. But really a combination of Burmese, Thai, and Chinese food.

The first picture is the Golden Fried Combination, $8.95. They had fried shrimp, egg rolls, samusa, and falafil. All the fried foods were cripsy. The shrimp was a bit thin but I kinda of expected that considering the low price of this appetizer. The egg rolls were just filled with cabbage and carrots, there was no meat in them. Samusa is triangle shaped and filled with potato, peas, onions and spices. This is a very spicy appetizer. Be care as the potato filling will be very hot. Falafil is pretty tough and hard. I didn't like this item. But I enjoyed all the other items.

The chicken chow mein noodles, $7.35, with onions, celery, and carrots. This is very good as all the flavors mixed well together. I liked this dish. Very tasty.

Burmese Shrimp, $12.95 was a bit spicy. They had tomatoes and a chef special sauce which I would describe as almost a kung pao sauce. This was very good, the shrimp were about medium sized and fresh. They didn't overcook the shrimp, which they could do. I do think at $12.95, it's a little overpriced.

Service was OK. The language barrier can be a little tough. They workers there are Thai, so they don't speak English that well. But they are nice enough and they want to make sure you enjoy your meal.

Even though the food is pretty good at Golden Triangle, I wouldn't go out of my way to go back. There is nothing overwhelming great about this restaurant. But if I was in the area, I wouldn't mind going back there.