Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Border Grill-Santa Monica-Closed



Border Grill
1445 4th St
Santa Monica
310-451-1655

Border Grill is an overpriced, upscale Mexican place in Santa Monica.

I looked over their menu and most are over $20 but nothing seemed that good. There wasn't anything on the menu that told me to order this now. So I just got a chicken adobo quesadilla, $14.50. The quesadilla was nothing special, even with a sweet adobo sauce. I'm thinking I can get a better and much cheaper quesadilla at El Torito.

Service was below average. We had to wait long periods of time for refills. The server wasn't around that often and either other servers or busboys helped with refills and any other requests.

I would not go back to Border Grill. High prices, very average food and below average food makes the worst combination.