Friday, December 07, 2007

Pita Pita-Closed

Pita Pita 

927 E. Colorado Blvd #101 

Pasadena 

626-356-3099 

 

Have you ever driven along a major street and seen a restaurant but never stopped in and have dinner? Well I drive along Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena many times. I've passed by Pita Pita at least 50 times but never stopped in and ate. So I decide it was time to eat at Pita Pita. This is an order at the counter and they bring your dinner to your table. This is the first Middle Eastern food place that is own by a Mexican, that I've been to. The owner was sitting down and having dinner and speaking Spanish on the phone. I got the chicken kabob plate for $8.95. All dinners include salad, rice, beans and pita bread. After a few minutes the chicken kabob arrives. It smells very good. When I cut a piece of chicken it notice how moist the white meat chicken is. When I have a bite, it is very moist and flavorful. It was a bit on the tangy side for me though. I don't know what seasonings they use but it just too tangy for me. But I do think the chicken is very moist. The salad was very fresh but the dressing the put on top was just too sour for me. The rice and beans were hot and fresh. Service is pretty good. The lady taking the order was nice and helpful. I wouldn't go back to Pita Pita for the chicken kabobs. The kabob isn't bad but it's just not for me. I would be open to try other things on the menu like the chicken shawerma or the garlic chicken. I also think it's a bit pricey. $8.95 for one kabob? Many places for about the same price give you two kabobs. But they do serve good sized portions.