Monday, November 19, 2007

Panera Bakery



Panera Bakery
3521 E Foothill Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91107
626-351-8272

OK I know I'm not big on chains but I heard about Panera Bakery opening up and I figured why not give them a try.

I got there at lunch time, so instead of pastries I ordered a bacon turkey bravo sandwich, $6.39, smoked turkey breast, bacon, smoked Gouda, lettuce, tomatoes & signature dressing, on tomato basil bread. The turkey was stacked high and was very fresh. The smoked gouda cheese added a nice flavor to the smokieness of the turkey and bacon.

Service was very good. The cashier who took my order, was very nice and friendly. But be aware the lines can be very long.

I would not go back to Panera. While the food is good the prices are too high. There are much better places where you can get a better sandwich at better prices. Plus I'm not a big fan of chains. Support the locally owned restaurants.