Monday, November 19, 2007

Baby Blues BBQ



Baby Blues BBQ
444 Lincoln Bl
Venice
310-396-7675

Do you want bad BBQ at high prices? Go to Baby Blues BBQ and that's exactly what you'll get. I have no idea how this place has stayed in business for over four years. Actually yes I do. That area, Venice, Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, is lilly white and they think BBQ is Tony Roma's. Baby Blues ranks just above Tony Roma's.

I ordered the half rack of Memphis style ribs, $10.95. Ok that price is good but look how small the ribs are. There is barely any meat on there. Give me a damn break. Go to Phillips and see how a real BBQ rib should be done. They ribs are lightly smoked, notice there isn't that classic smoke ring and then finished over a grill, notice all those charred marks on the ribs. The meat is fairly tender but lacks flavor. You need to put some of their nasty BBQ sauce for any kind of flavor. The BBQ sauce is a tomato based sauce but lacks any kind of flavor. Your local bottled BBQ sauce would be much better.

I couldn't believe there was a line for this place. One group of four must have been there for at least 30 minutes. Baby Blues isn't worth crossing the street for, much less waiting 30 minutes.

Service was pretty good. I had a to go order and the server was nice and helpful. It took a little longer than I expected to get my order but it was crowded.

I would not go back to Baby Blues. I would go back to Luke Walton's BBQ place, Joey's Smokin BBQ, before going back to Baby Blues. And Joey's isn't anything great. Save your money and don't even bother going to Baby Blues. Overpriced, terrible BBQ.