Tuesday, September 11, 2007

4th Floor Grille and Sports Bar



4th Floor Grille and Sports Bar
Chaparral Suites
5001 N. Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale AZ
480-949-1311

Normally I wouldn't think a hotel bar/restaurant could have great food. But to my shock, the 4th Floor Grill and Sports Bar at the Chparral Suites had a great item.

The all you can eat fish fry for $12.95. The fish is huge. I think believe the fish is cod and they are deep fried to a golden brown. They come hot and they taste great. They have a nice crunch and the fish is flakey and so flavorful. Who would have thought a restaurant in the desert could have such good fish??

Service was poor. There was a convention at the hotel and they were not prepared for the amount of people. I sat at the bar since it was so crowded. It took at least 20 minutes for me to get my second piece of fish, even though the bartender placed the order in, right away. So their kitchen was either messed up or one of the servers forgot to bring me the fish. Either way, the third piece of fish came quickly. The bartender was nice and helpful. I could see he was overwhelmed with the lack of support.

I would go back for their fish fry anytime. The fish fry is only offered on Fridays and you must eat there. I'm not sure when I'm going to get back to Arizona but I will stop back for one of the best fried fish I've had. What a treat!!!