Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Romano's Chicago Pizzeria




Romano's Chicago Pizzeria
5225 Canyon Crest Dr #60
Riverside
951-781-0773

In my quest for Chicago style pizza, I found Romano's in Riverside. I wanted to see how Romano's matched up, to my standard for Chicago style pizza is Tony's Little Italy in Placentia.

Pictured is the medium, My Other Sister's Favorite stuffed pizza, pepperoni and black olives, for $16.95. The pizza was very tasty but a bit on the dry side, they didn't put as much sauce or cheese as Tony's. There was a decent amount of pepperoni and they just overloaded the black olives. But something was missing. Maybe not enough spices or toppings or sauce. But this just wasn't as good as Tony's. The picture shows a lot of sauce on top but I'm used to sauce being inside the pizza.

Service was good. Our server was attentive and friendly. Since Chicago style pizza takes a 30-40 minutes to cook, she came by to refill drinks during our wait.

Romano's is pretty good but it wasn't worth the drive out to Riverside. If I was in the area, I would go back but I would not make a special trip out there. But I do think the prices are a bit high for what you get. Basically I found the prices of medium prices at Romano's would get you a large at Tony's.