Friday, July 20, 2007

Haru Sushi-Closed




Haru Sushi
1032 West Covina Parkway
West Covina
626-962-7888

While searching for a place to eat, I found Haru Sushi across from the West Covina Fashion Plaza. So I decided to give it a try. I had a very interesting experience here.

Pictured is the tiger roll, $9.95, and the shrimp crunch roll, $7.95. The Tiger roll had imitation crab meat, spicy tuna, shrimp tempura, avocado and cucumber. All these flavors came together very well. I was impressed with the quality and freshness of the ingredients.

The shrimp crunch roll had imitation crab meat, shrimp tempura, acovado and cucumber with tempura flakes on the outside. Again all the ingredients were fresh and tasty. But both rolls are basically the same, the only major difference is that the tiger roll had spicy tuna. I should have ordered another roll with different items.

Service was bad. The server was new and didn't know how anything about being a server at a sushi restaurant. She wasn't familiar with many of the items on the menu and kept having to ask the sushi chefs for answers. It took forever to get refills on drinks. Then took forever to get change. I mean the bill was $21 even. I put $30. Just count nine, one dollar bills and you're done. The worst thing happened when I asked for the sushi menu. I got the menu and looked it over and about three minutes after giving me the sushi menu, she asked if she could take it back!!! I was like fine, if you don't want me to order more food, I won't. I have never had that happen to me before. What the hell is that???

The quality of the sushi is very good. But I wouldn't go back there with such poor service. Or maybe I would just go sit at the sushi bar.