Friday, July 13, 2007

Fred's Mexican Cafe



Fred's Mexican Cafe
300 Pacific Coast Hwy.
Huntington Beach
714-374-8226

Fred's Mexican Cafe is a nice Mexican restaurant in Huntington Beach. After eating at Fred's go for a walk on the Huntington Beach Pier or just watch the sun set while sitting on the beach. A very beautiful site.

Pictured is the mahi mahi tacos with spanish rice and black beans. $8.95. The mahi mahi were grilled, which is nice. None of that deep fried stuff. The mahi mahi was moist and they gave you a good sized portion. The white sauce, pico de gallo, onions and tomatoes in the tacos made for a tasty combination.

Service was below average. It took awhile for the server to greet us and take our drink order. I did see her looking at us but she didn't bother coming over. Why? I have no idea. All she had to do was ask if we had been helped. It would have taken her four steps, she must have been tired. I didn't have any silverware and I had to ask the server for silverware. She took forever to get us our check and didn't come back for a long time after we were served.

Fred's is OK, nothing great. I call it Americanized, Mexican food. It's good food but nothing outstanding. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back to Fred's but it wouldn't be that bad to eat there again.