Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Few Thoughts

It's come to my attention that some people actually read my blog and take my advice. Or at least I've peaked people's interest in a restaurant and they will try it for themselves.

So please understand, that I have had this site since 2005. I have gone to tons of restaurants. As most people know, restaurants, come and go. They also change owners, chefs/cooks, servers, and many other things. Some even close down, others move.

So a few things to consider before going to any restaurant I've reviewed:

First and foremost. YMMV. Your Mileage May Vary. If you go to a restaurant and find your experience at the restaurant is different than mine, please consider, the restaurant may have changed owners, chefs, servers etc. So if your experience at a restaurant is much different than mine, consider all the factors.


Or maybe they have improved their food and/or their service since I reviewed the restaurant. This I wouldn't know about because if the food and/or the service was bad, I won't go back. Mainly because there are so many restaurants I want to try, I won't make the effort to go back to somewhere that had bad food and/or service.

I know I am a stickler for good service. I do realize that everybody has his or her bad day. I know a server maybe having a bad day and that's why the service is bad. But as the saying goes, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

If you want to go to a restaurant, I reviewed, PLEASE call them first. This way, you will know if they are still open and they are opened the day you want to go. I don't always get back to restaurants I've reviewed. Again things change.

At all restaurants the meal was paid for by me or somebody who came with me. I have never received a free meal at any restaurant I reviewed. I think to be fair, having restaurants pay for your meal, clouds your judgement. So I will not accept any offers for a free meal from a restaurant owner.

I have finally started to include reviews to the many restaurants that just had pictures. I am current up to March, 2007. I will try to finish all reviews within the next two weeks. Thanks for you patience and for reading The New Diner.