Saturday, May 26, 2007

Seafood Village




Seafood Village
1463 Nogales
Rowland Heights
626-913-2388

I'm always looking out for a quick lunch. Many Chinese restaurants have a lunch special and you can get good deals if you pick the right restaurant.

Seafood Village offers lunch specials Mon-Fri, 11-5 and until 3pm on weekends. I ordered the sauteed scallops, $6.59, and the kung pao chicken, $4.59. The scallops was great. I was a little worried because the server didn't explain how the scallops were going to be prepared. But what came out was scallops, asparagus, carrots and mushrooms in a wonderful sauce. WOW just a great dish. Consider the diner portion is priced at $12.99, this is a great deal.

The kung pao chicken is just your standard kung pao chicken. It wasn't even spicy. Nothing overwhelming about it. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great.

Service is OK. The main problem is that they do not speak English that well. I wanted to know how they prepared the scallops and they couldn't explain it to me in English. The scallops turned out to be the best dish I had but it could have been a diaster. They were nice but not really patient when I asked all the questions.

I would go back to Seafood Village. Good food and good prices for lunch.