Saturday, May 26, 2007

Diner on Main


Diner On Main
201 Main St
Alhambra
626-281-3488

I normally don't go out for breakfast. I would much rather skip breakfast and get a nice lunch on weekends. But sometimes you have no choice in the matter. But it's not like I'm against ordering breakfast food. I just don't go that often.

Diner on Main is a throwback to a different time and place. You almost feel as though Richie Cunningham and the Fronz are going to walk in for a soda.

I ordered the sausage and two eggs, $7.25. The meal comes your choice of bread, I got the English muffin, and hash browns. I order eggs over medium. I prefer the yolk to be almost solid, closer to over hard, than over easy. These eggs were a little runny for my tastes. I think I need to order eggs over hard from now on.

The sausage was tasty with a lot of spice to them. The hash browns were cooked just right for my tastes. Crispy but not too crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside.

Service was good. We sat at the counter and we weren't lacking for anything. But there was a long wait to get a table and some people had been waiting in line for over 30 minutes. Now the food is good but not good enough to wait 30 minutes.

I would go back to Diner on Main. Good food and good service.