Saturday, April 14, 2007

Secret Spot




Secret Spot
3801 Warner Ave Ste B,
Huntington Beach
562-592-4494

Before going kayaking, my girlfriend and I wanted to get something to light to eat. So we found Secret Spot and I was very surprised at how good the food is here.

The Secret Spot is a very health conscience place. They are also vegan friendly. I ordered a tuna fish burrito, $7.99. The burrito comes grilled and is huge. The burrito is filled with tuna fish, black beans, and avocado. It was very tasty.

Service is good here. The girl behind the counter was helpful and friendly.

I would go back to Secret Spot again. I enjoyed the food. It's a great place to go after spending the day at the beach.

Update August 17, 2008.



I went back to Secret Spot and had their Chicken Wrap, $7, grilled chicken breast and mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes, hot sauce on a wheat tortilla. What a wonderful wrap this was. This came hot and fresh off the grill, the mushrooms were dripping with tons of flavor. The chicken was moist and flavorful. Everything was so fresh and tasty. This was just a wonderful wrap.

Service was pretty good. The young girl who took my order was very nice and helpful. When she rang up my order, she said that will be $7. Well the menu listed the chicken wrap at $7.25, so I told her that can't be the right amount. But she said that's the price that rung up, so I said as long as you're ok with it, I'm fine with it.

But it took a very long time for the order to arrive. Yes, it was crowded, about 5-6 people in front of me. But damn, I could have walked across the street, went body surfing and looked at the some of the silicon on the beach and the wrap still wouldn't have been ready. But I can live with this because the wrap was great. They need to either hire another cook or the current cook, needs to work faster.