Saturday, April 14, 2007

LaBella Cucina-Closed



LA Bella Cucina
949 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles
213-623-0014

Your dining options near Staples Center aren't great. You basically only have the overpriced diner, The Pantry, owned by former LA Mayor DICK Moron. But a small Italian restaurant LA Bella Cucina offers some good quality Italian food at decent prices.

Pictured is the pollo piccata, $16. Pollo Piccata is chicken breast with lemon, butter, capers and white wine sauce. The chicken breast was tender and moist inside. I think the trick is that they cut thinner pieces of chicken breast. It was very tasty. I'm not that familiar with this type of Italian food but I really liked it.

Service was slow, especially considering we were in a hurry trying to get to the Lacker game. We got there about an hour before tip off. While there were a good crowd there, it wasn't crowded by any means. I guess they think some people want to arrive fashionably late to Lacker games. But I want to see the Lackers get their butts kicked from start to finish. Which they did that night, losing the MEMPHIS!!! One of the worst teams in the NBA. The servers just took their time taking our orders, getting our drinks, bringing out our orders. Hey you need to move much faster than that. But the servers were friendly. They just need to move quicker.

I may go back to La Bella Cucina. I did enjoy the food and I thought the prices were good. But service is below average in terms of speed.