Saturday, April 14, 2007

Golden Skewer



Golden Skewer
2212 Beverly Blvd.
Montebello
323-727-2852

Golden Skewer is one of five kebob places in Montebello. One big plus for Golden Skewer is that it's next door to Amy's Bakery.

Pictured is the filet mignon kebob ($11.50). This beef maybe listed as filet mignon but this has to be among the lowest quality of beef around. There was a lot of fat on many pieces. It wasn't tender almost like a london broil cut. It was well seasoned and tasty. But I was expecting a much leaner and more tender cuts of beef. The kebob comes with your choice of basmati or Armenian pilaf. I picked the basmati rice for the filet. They did give you a nice size portion of rice.

The second picture is the chicken breast kebob ($8.50). The chicken breast was well seasoned and broiled just right. It wasn't dry, as some chicken breast can be. I liked the chicken breast but I thought the portion was small, compared to other kebob places. I got the Armenian pilaf and it was ok. It's almost like basmati rice but had some onions and it was browned. Not bad but I prefer basmati rice.

I got this order to go. The lady who helped me wasn't really that friendly and she took forever to run my debit card. Just slide the damn card through the machine. I can imagine how long she would take serving the meal if I had eat there. She was very businesslike almost robotic.

I would not go back to Golden Skewer. For the price you pay for the "filet mignon" kebob you can get a much better cut of filet mignon from other kebob places in Montebello.